We are on a mission to become the leading force in residential property management services. The global residential property management industry is currently undergoing a digital transformation and Odevo is at the forefront of this transformation. Our mission is to radically simplify living for families and individuals by delivering highly attractive and efficient property management services to building owners and associations as well as to residents. Our core belief is that digital technology combined with great people will play a central role in delivering a step change how boards and residents experience property management.
What we do matters to ordinary people. Residential real estate is the world’s largest asset class and buying a home is often the biggest investment a person or family will ever make. But the residential property management industry is lagging behind when it comes to customer focus and digitalization. That’s why we formed Odevo.
Leading property management companies in the Nordics, UK and US have already joined forces to form Odevo and over the last 4 years Odevo revenues have grown 30 fold has grown to become a leading international player. Our ambition is to continue to grow rapidly organically and by attracting additional companies to join us in both existing and new markets.
We deliver our property management services with custom developed software to simplify living and make life easier for property owners, association boards, residents and very importantly our own property management professionals. We make complex topics such as managing property finances and the daily maintenance of buildings easy and we automate time-consuming everyday tasks so people can spend more time on things that they really enjoy.
We are a 4 000 employee company with a start-up mentality. We aspire to break new ground through innovation and we actively cultivate a workplace where we can grow as individuals and have fun while achieving great things together.
To continue our ambitious growth journey, we are now looking for people who share our vision to join us on a journey that will continue to transform the property management industry.
About the role
The M&A lead will partner with local management teams, Group CFO and CEO as well as the Fidelio team (majority owner) on shaping and executing Odevo's US M&A strategy. On the back of Odevo’s overarching US strategy, the M&A
lead will together with the organization identify opportunities to accelerate growth and build capabilities. In doing so, the professional is expected to take full ownership of ensuring Odevo creates opportunities for building company value by making the right acquisitions at the right valuation, in alignment with overall strategy. As such this is a role with a large degree of freedom and responsibility. Deeply understanding the business will be key for this role to drive strategic growth of the company.
- Having a central role in driving and realizing Odevo’s US strategy through identifying and executing value-creating acquisitions
- Coordinating deals from origination through to completion:
- Developing a pipeline of opportunities across regions we currently focus on and conduct extensive research of regions we might consider entering
- Building and maintaining relationship with potential target companies
- Assessing target’s business and its strategic value
- Negotiating and structuring deals including, with support from external advisors, drafting of relevant legal documentation
- Due diligence and financial modelling
- Build detailed financial models, incorporating operational and cash flow forecasts and valuation analysis
- Preparing and presenting business cases/deal memoranda internally
- Full ownership of Due Diligence processes including managing external advisors
- Managing/supporting post-acquisition integration (depending on pipeline at given point in time)
Who you are
- Humble team player without prestige
- Likable person with ability to quickly build strong relationships with potential targets
- Effective communicator with the ability to tell our story and vision to make companies want to join us
- Curious to learn about different markets and companies coupled with strong analytical skills to identify strategic opportunities
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to independently, with limited guidance, drive own projects with an entrepreneurial mindset and set ambitious goals
- Working as part of a highly committed team in a demanding environment, requiring fast pace and ability to make quick yet sound decisions
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lindsay Ostrom (firstname.lastname@example.org) at GoBuyside.