We are on a mission to become the leading force in residential property management services. The global residential property management industry is currently undergoing a digital transformation and Odevo is at the forefront of this transformation. Our mission is to radically simplify living for families and individuals by delivering highly attractive and efficient property management services to building owners and associations as well as to residents. Our core belief is that digital technology combined with great people will play a central role in delivering a step change how boards and residents experience property management.
What we do matters to ordinary people. Residential real estate is the world’s largest asset class and buying a home is often the biggest investment a person or family will ever make. But the residential property management industry is lagging behind when it comes to customer focus and digitalization. That’s why we formed Odevo.
Leading property management companies in the Nordics, UK and US have already joined forces to form Odevo and over the last 4 years Odevo revenues have grown 30 fold has grown to become a leading international player. Our ambition is to continue to grow rapidly organically and by attracting additional companies to join us in both existing and new markets.
We deliver our property management services with custom developed software to simplify living and make life easier for property owners, association boards, residents and very importantly our own property management professionals. We make complex topics such as managing property finances and the daily maintenance of buildings easy and we automate time-consuming everyday tasks so people can spend more time on things that they really enjoy.
We are a 4 000 employee company with a start-up mentality. We aspire to break new ground through innovation and we actively cultivate a workplace where we can grow as individuals and have fun while achieving great things together.
To continue our ambitious growth journey, we are now looking for people who share our vision to join us on a journey that will continue to transform the property management industry.
About the role
We are now looking for a talented individual to take a central role in the Group Finance team and work closely with local finance teams within the group. As a Group Financial Controller you will help drive and develop the Finance function, working closely together with Head of Group Accounting and Group CFO. Leveraging your experience of different ways of operating a finance function coupled with a self-starter and solution-focused mindset, you will play a vital role in helping us build a reporting foundation that meets the increasing requirements of a group under tremendous organic and inorganic growth. Your responsibilities include:
- Together with the Group Finance team drive the group reporting and consolidation process, ensuring an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Onboard new companies to ensure joining Odevo is a great experience from day one
- Lead specific projects in relation to onboarding of new companies, e.g. PPA, IFRS conversion, etc. and liaise with and coordinate external advisors
- Support and coach local finance teams
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the Odevo accounting principles and consolidation system AARO
- Implement and maintain Group financial reporting requirements according to IFRS
- Coordinate audit process internally and cooperate with auditors
You will be working in an entrepreneurial environment in a rapidly growing group where new companies join frequently. To succeed, you are open and sociable and enjoy working at a high pace in a dynamic organization.
Who you are
- Humble team player without prestige
- You operate with structure and order while you are constantly on the move to get things done
- You welcome change and you are used to constantly seek out opportunities for improvement in processes and act on them
- You diligent while able to prioritize
- You thrive on learning about different markets and local reporting requirements and can use the knowledge to create value
Most importantly, you share our values and feel excited about our journey. However, to succeed in this role, we believe that you have experience within:
- Financial Controlling, preferable from a fast-growing multinational organization
- IFRS and accounting regulations
- Excel and the ability to work in various ERP system
Get in touch! We look forward to receiving your application! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Karin Börjesson, Talent Partner at Odevo